Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, April 26, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held April 12, 2021.
2) Bid of Pro Surfaces of Harrison, MI for the Island Park Pickle Ball Courts project.
3) Bid of Smart Homes/Offices, Inc. of Mason, MI for the Commission Chamber Audio/Visual Replacement project.
4) Authorized the Mayor to sign a contract extension with Brown and Brown for all broker services to December 31, 2023.
5) Resolution in support of final approval of Traffic Control Order #1-2021.
6) Resolution authorizing the City Manager to digitally sign the contract with MDOT for funding for airport crack sealing.
7) Received proposed Ordinance to amend Chapter 97: PARKS AND RECREATION and set a public hearing for May 10, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Received Obsolete Property Rehabilitation Act (OPRA) Policy and approved same as presented. (CC Exh. 4-2021)
Received the request to create an Obsolete Property Rehabilitation Act (OPRA) District to include the Central Business District TIFA boundaries and set a public hearing for May 24, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
Set an additional public hearing on proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCES of the Mt. Pleasant City Code of Ordinances, to rezone 1024 & 1026 S. University from CD-3 (Sub-Urban) to CD-4 (General Urban).
Confirmed support of the recommendation of the Parks and Recreation Commission to decommission the Horizon Park softball field to allow for future additional uses.
Approved the Resolution Extending Conditional Authorization for Class C Medical Marihuana Grower License for Stash Ventures at 210 W. Pickard as presented.
Referred the proposed request for contributing funds for lighting at Hannah’s Bark Park to the Parks and Recreation Commission for review and recommendation.
Conducted work sessions on
1) Potential 2021 millage adjustment.
2) Presentation on the 2022-2027 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
3) Discussion on 2022-20227 Capital Improvement Plan.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:44 p.m.