The video of the Jan. 8, 2018 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Jan. 8, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Commissioner Lents was elected Mayor for 2018.
2. Commissioner Madaj was elected Vice Mayor for 2018.
3. Set time and day of regular meetings.
4. City Planner Kain gave a presentation on the upcoming 2018 Citizens’ Academy.
5. Received petitions and communications.
6. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held December 11, 2017
- Receive proposed ordinance to amend Title V, Chapter 50, Section(s) 50.12 and 50.99 of the Mount Pleasant City Code regarding material collection licenses and penalties and set a public hearing for January 22, 2018 on same
- Resolution in support of Final approval of Traffic Control Order #1-2018
- Resolution in support of Final approval of Traffic Control Order #2-2018
- Resolution authorizing MDOT contract for reimbursement for the 2017 Tree Abatement project
- Appointments of City Officials to applicable City boards and commissions for 2018.
7. Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1032, an Ordinance to amend Title XIII, Chapter 132, Section(s) 132.03, 132.04 and 132.06 of the Mount Pleasant City Code regarding the purchase, consumption, and possession of alcoholic beverages by minors, furnishing or using fraudulent identification, and license sanctions, and to repeal Title XIII, Chapter 132, Section 132.07 of the Mount Pleasant City Code regarding preliminary breath tests.
8. Approved amendment to Motor Pool Budget for the replacement of a snow plow.
9. Approved Appointments to various City Boards and Commissions.
10. Approved proceeding with drafting of the general framework of ordinances with regard to MMMFLA leaving open issues for discussion and scheduling a work session at the earliest available time.
11. Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act for material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute.
12. Adjourned the meeting at 8:34 p.m.