In order to keep our community safe and slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is heeding the warning of federal, state and local health officials while continuing to provide important city services. Therefore, City Hall and Public Safety offices will continue to be closed to the public until February 1, 2021. Access to city services is still available online, over the phone, or by appointment only. Residents are encouraged to conduct their city business virtually.
If an in-person transaction/service is necessary, an appointment must be made in advance. Upon request, staff will schedule an appointment within one business day. Individuals coming to a city facility for a scheduled face-to-face transaction will be required to do the following:
- Call the City staff member they are meeting from the parking lot upon arrival for their pre-scheduled appointment.
- Over the phone, the City staff member will go through a health-screening questionnaire with the visitor.
- If answers suggest a potential COVID risk, the individual will not be admitted to the building.
- If answers do not appear to present a COVID risk, City staff will meet the individual in the vestibule/lobby. Transactions and meetings will take place in this area, if possible.
- A facemask must be worn when visiting a city building.
- City trash pick-up and recycling is still taking place as per the normal schedule.
- City trash bags and tags are available at Meijer and Ric’s. Individual tags are available at GreenTree Grocery. If purchase of a recycling bin, City trash bags or tags are necessary at City Hall, an appointment must be made.
Large Item Pick Up
The City of Mt. Pleasant will host its public meetings virtually as permitted by Public Act 254 of 2020. Citizens can watch these meetings live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment can email their agenda item comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or attend the virtual Zoom meeting.
Utility and Tax Payments and Building/DPW Permits
- Citizens can make payments via mail (320 W. Broadway Street), the City’s Drop Box located outside of City Hall, or online at www.mt-pleasant.org. An appointment must be made for cash payments.
- Building and DPW Permit requests can be electronically submitted by visiting www.mt-pleasant.org. In-person inspections will follow recommendations of federal, state and local health officials. If needed, virtual inspections can be conducted through Skype or Zoom.
Penalty on Property Taxes Waived
Mt. Pleasant City Commissioners approved waiving the 3% penalty for summer and winter property taxes paid after February 16, 2021 and before March 2, 2021. State law allows the City Commission to waive all, or part of penalty fees, but not interest on past due taxes. Delinquent summer tax payments are subject to a 6% interest tax rate.
Post marks are not accepted therefore allow ample time for postal delivery by March 2, 2021. Payments may also be made online at www.mt-pleasant.org, or by using the drop box located in the City Hall parking lot at 320 W. Broadway Street.
Tax payments received on or after March 2, 2021 are payable to the Isabella County Treasurer and will be subject to interest and penalty in accordance with state law.
COVID-19 Health Resources
The City will continue to be guided by information provided by the Central Michigan District Health Department https://www.cmdhd.org/novel-coronavirus, the State of Michigan https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus, and the Center for Disease Control & Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
To stay updated on the most recent COVID-19 vaccination information, visit the Central Michigan District Health Department’s website at www.cmdhd.org.
PLEASE NOTE: As of 1/18/2021, more than 16,000 residents over the age of 65 have signed up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Currently, the Central Michigan District Health Department is only receiving 1,200 vaccine doses from the State of Michigan for the week of 1/18/2021. Thank you for your patience as the health department is working to get as many individuals vaccinated with the supply available.
Information will continue to be updated and shared via the City’s website (www.mt-pleasant.org), Blog (mpcityblog.com), Facebook and Twitter accounts, MACTV Charter Spectrum Channel 188, and the Community Information Phone Line (989) 779-5320.
You must be logged in to post a comment.