Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, July 22, 2019, at 7:01 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Assistant Finance Director/IT Director Saladine introduced newly hired IT Specialist Travis Welsh.
Parks and Public Spaces Director Bundy introduced newly hired Parks and Grounds I employee Logan Schafer.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held July 8, 2019.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held July 8, 2019.
3) Bid of Fredrickson Supply of Grand Rapids, MI for an Articulated Wheel Loader and Snow Blower Attachment and a budget amendment for the same.
4) Purchase of two Ford F-450 cab and chassis from Jorgensen Ford Sales of Detroit, MI and dump bodies from Knapheide Truck Equipment of Flint, MI through the MIDeal extended purchasing program and a budget amendment for the same.
5) Resolution approving submittal of the grant application to the Michigan Arts Council for the 2020 Paint the Intersection project as presented.
6) Warrants and Payrolls.
Adopted the Resolution Of Intent To Designate A Neighborhood Enterprise Zone (NEZ); Tentative Neighborhood Enterprise Zone; Notice of Public Hearing for August 12, 2019. (CC Ex. 1-2019)
Adopted the Resolution Regarding Intent To Designate A Commercial Redevelopment District (CRD); Notice of Public Hearing for August 12, 2019. (CC Ex. 2-2019)
Received 3-hour parking enforcement options.
Formally committed $25,000 toward the Interlocal Pathway Connector Project Area B and authorized the City Manager to finalize partnership agreements with the Charter Township of Union on this project.
Continued work session discussion on Recreational Marihuana.
Adjourned without objection at 9:48 p.m.