Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, December 10, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Mayor Lents presented the newly created Collins Drive street sign to Bill and Doug Collins as representatives of the Collins family.
Approved motion to add Item #22: “Consider elimination of the Citizen Advisory Board and mandate that instead the Public Safety Director meet monthly with the Mt. Pleasant Area Diversity Group, Isabella County Human Rights Committee and City/CMU Liaison Committee.”; to the agenda.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held November 26, 2018.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held November 26, 2018.
3) Contract with Ferguson Waterworks of Grand Rapids, MI, for 2019 water meter purchase.
4) Resolution for Final Amended 2018 Operating Budget.
5) Contract with Space, Inc. of Midland, MI for the design, purchase and installation of walls/furniture at the Borden Building.
6) Set first meeting of 2019 for Monday, January 7, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Commission Room.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Approved Resolution for the 2019 Annual Operating Budget and setting of millage rate.
Authorized the Mayor to sign the EPA consent order as recommended by the City Attorney.
Approved a 2% wage adjustment for City Manager.
Appointments to various City Boards and Commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee and correction for Board of Review appointment.
Cancelled the December 17, 2018 regularly scheduled City Commission meeting.
Authorized Finance Director Mary Ann Kornexl to approve the issuance of payrolls and warrants from December 11, 2018 through January 4, 2019.
Rescind the creation of the Citizen Advisory Board and mandated that instead the Public Safety Director meet monthly with the Mt. Pleasant Area Diversity Group, Isabella County Human Rights Committee and City/CMU Liaison Committee and at the end of the year a report would be prepared for the Commission.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:16 p.m.