The video of the June 12, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, June 12, 2017, at 7:02 p.m., in the City Commission Room:
1. Director of Public Works Zang introduced newly hired Street Superintendent Matt Weaver.
2. Received petitions and communications.
3. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting and two closed sessions of the City Commission held May 22, 2017
- Resolution to approve and authorize the City Manager to sign facilities license agreements
- Resolutions #1 and #2 to commence proceedings for Principal Shopping District Special Assessment 1-2017, tentatively determine the necessity and set public hearing for June 26, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. to receive public input on necessity
- Receipt of appointment of Mayor Ling to the Appointments Committee
- Appointment of Police Captain Latham as alternate to the 9-1-1 Central Dispatch Governing Board
- Set special meeting for August 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. for work session on Zoning
- Payrolls and warrants
4. Approved the bid of M & M Pavement Marking of Grand Blanc, MI for the 2017 Pavements Markings bid.
5. Authorized the City Manager to execute Agreement with Northern Initiatives, authorized the transfer of CLP funds to Northern Initiatives, and appointed committee members.
6. Approved an amendment to the contract with Countyline Power for additional $60,000 for the installation of pedestrian lighting on West Broadway Street from Harris to Maxwell.
7. Approved Ordinance 1025, an Ordinance to approve the Third Amendment to the Mission Street-Pickard Avenue District Development Plan and Tax Increment Financing Plan proposed by the Mt. Pleasant Downtown Development Authority and to provide for the collection of Tax Increment.
8. Divided Capital Improvement Plan motion into two parts: 1) Fire Safety Grant Program and 2) Remainder of 2018-2022 Capital Improvement Plan.
9. Approved Fire Safety Grant Program portion of 2018-2022 Capital Improvement Plan.
10. Approved remainder of 2018-2022 Capital Improvement Plan.
11. Approved the amended Outdoor Dining Policy.
12. Approved the outdoor dining applications for The Coffee Room-Narrativality Coffee Roasters and Pleasant City Coffee.
13. Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to execute the assessing contract as presented with Coucke Property Services, LLC.
14. Appointed Chris Coucke through Coucke Property Services, LLC as the Mt. Pleasant City Assessor in place of Mary Ann Kornexl as the interim Assessor.
15. Authorized the Mayor to sign letters of support for a bicycle passing law as presented.
16. Approved appointment of George Ronan to Historic District Commission.
17. Adjourned at 8:29 p.m.