The new Island Park Ice Rink is now open to skaters. Located on the south softball field this 54’ x 95’ rink is open daily during the months of January and February from 8 a.m. – 11 p.m., weather permitting. There is no charge to use this facility, which is maintained by the City of Mt. Pleasant Parks Department.
As you are gathering up your skates, please review the outdoor ice rink rules before you hit the ice.
Island Park Outdoor Ice Rink Rules
Hours of Operation:
The Island Park Ice Rink is open daily from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm conditions permitting.
The City of Mount Pleasant reserves the right to close the Ice Rink at any time in its sole discretion by posting a sign on the rink which states, “Rink Closed – No Skating.” Skaters shall not enter the Ice Rink area when the sign is posted.
Code of Conduct:
All Ice Rink participants, including skaters and bystanders, will be required to follow the general rules of conduct established in the City’s Parks and Recreation Ordinance (Section 97.01 – 97.21 of the City Code of Ordinances) while at the Ice Rink.
Further, all Ice Rink participants will be required to adhere to the following Ice Rink specific rules and regulations:
- Skaters shall be courteous and cautious of other skaters and bystanders while using the skating area. Skaters shall not push, shove, or otherwise engage in raucous behavior while using the skating area.
- Skaters shall not dig, spray, chip, throw, or otherwise expel ice or snow within the skating area.
- The following shall be prohibited in the skating area:
- Food and beverage items;
- Tobacco products;
- Hockey equipment, including hockey sticks, pucks, and nets;
- Street shoes; and
- Skaters under the age of 5 shall be under adult supervision while in the skating area. The Ice Rink does not have designated supervisors. Skaters shall skate at their own risk.
Failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the Ice Rink could result in enforcement actions against you.
Lost Items and Reporting Misconduct:
The City of Mt. Pleasant is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
Report damage or acts of abuse to Mt. Pleasant Parks and Recreation at (989) 779-5331 or Police Anonymous T.I.P. Line at (989) 779-9111. In case of emergency call 911.