Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 25, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
–Public Relations Director Orlik gave a departmental presentation including new promotional videos.
-Received petitions and communications.
-Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held March 11, 2019.
2) Bid of Garber Contracting of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the Island Park Arts Pavilion Site Work.
3) Bid of McGuirk Sand and Gravel of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2019 Broadway Street Reconstruction Project.
4) Authorized a contract with Fleis and Vandenbrink of Grand Rapids, MI for Professional Engineering Services for Industrial Pretreatment Program.
5) Authorized the Friends of the Dog Park to fundraise and install lighting for Hannah’s Bark Park and authorized staff to establish a Use Agreement on same.
6) Set Special Meetings for March 30, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. and May 11, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. for goal setting discussion.
7) Received proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 113 of the City Code regarding telecommunications companies within the public right-of-way and set a public hearing for Monday, April 8, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. on same.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
-Approved submission of City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe two percent allocations with a summary of the Commission’s top priorities.
-Authorized the Mt. Pleasant Little League and the Mt. Pleasant Girls Youth Softball to construct a 16’ x 40’ addition to the storage building at Pickens Field and authorized staff to establish a Use Agreement on same.
-Approved Resolution Supporting Amended Rates, Fees and Charges at the Airport as recommended by the Airport Advisory Board.
-Authorized the City Manager to sign the sub-recipient agreement with Northern Initiatives and the MEDC allowing the use of loan funds through June 30, 2021.
-Conducted a work session discussion on priority topics.
Adjourned at 9:15 p.m.