Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, February 10, 2020, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Mt. Pleasant Police Officer Jason Haines was introduced and sworn in by Public Safety Director Lauria.
Mayor Joseph read and presented a Proclamation to members of the Mt. Pleasant Area League of Women Voters in recognition of the 100th Anniversary of the United States League of Women Voters.
City Clerk Howard gave an update on the 2020 Census in the City of Mt. Pleasant.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held January 27, 2020.
2) Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held February 3, 2020.
3) Bid of Thielen Turf Irrigation of Mt. Pleasant, MI for Island Park ball field irrigation.
4) Bid of Isabella Corporation of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the Island Park Bridge and Trail Project and the appropriate budget amendments.
5) Resolution authorizing the Mayor and Clerk to sign the amended Standard Street Lighting Contract with Consumers Energy as presented.
6) Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to execute an amendment to the assessing services contract with Coucke Property Services, LLC as presented.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a Public Hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1055, an Ordinance to amend Title XI, Chapter 112, Section 112.03 “Medical Marihuana Facilities” of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances to provide greater clarity on what materials are needed upon application.
Held a Public Hearing on the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) Infrastructure Resiliency Grant application for the Wastewater Treatment Plant and
authorized the resolution and development plan as presented.
Postponed action on Special Assessment District #1-2020 until a future meeting where at least five commissioners are present for discussion.
Gave consent to the recording of the restrictive covenants from the EDA for the City owned parcel and EDC owned parcel in Industrial Park South.
Conducted a work session on Central Michigan University Center for Applied Research and Rural Studies (CARRS) Report on Mayor Election Research.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:03 p.m.