Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, October 28, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held October 14, 2019.
2) Authorized Finance Director Mary Ann Kornexl to sign a contract with Tokio Marine HCC for health insurance stop loss coverage.
3) Resolution in support of Traffic Control Order No. 3-2019.
4) Received proposed Ordinance to amend Chapter 133: Fireworks to comply with State law and set a public hearing for November 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
5) 2019 budget adjustment to allow for a one-time payment to MERS.
6) Warrants and Payrolls.
Postponed action on environmental consulting services until next meeting to receive maps of drill holes and boundaries of landfill; justification for drilling holes in capped landfill; assurance that drilling will not cause future problems; and confirmation of the information regarding if aquifer and/or river is being contaminated.
Approved the resolution recognizing the importance of the 2020 Census as presented.
Approved amendment of the prior approval to include the purchase of two self-unloading trailers with compartments from Pro-Tainer and an additional budget amendment.
Confirmed the purchase of 800 tons of road salt for early delivery and the appropriate budget amendments.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(e) of the Open Meetings Act to consult with counsel regarding pending litigation Fisher Transportation Company et al v. Union Township et al.
Requested the City Manager investigate the sewer connection situation in the alley between Fancher and Kinney and Locust and Wisconsin and, if appropriate, grant an exception on the sewer connection as per the Code of Ordinances, Section 51.040 and the City Manager will provide a report back to the City Commission including the basis of the decision.
Authorized the City Attorney to execute the consent to vacate part of the recorded plat in regard to the Fisher Transportation Company, et al v. Union Township, et al lawsuit.
Conducted a work session discussion on the 2020 Operating Budget.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:56 p.m.