Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, October 14, 2019, at 7:02 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Mayor Joseph read and presented a proclamation to Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Council Members recognizing “Indigenous Peoples Day – October 14, 2019.”
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held September 23, 2019.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held September 23, 2019.
3) Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held September 30, 2019.
4) Received proposed Ordinance to add a new Subsection 154.410.B.4.b and to amend table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to regulate marihuana establishments as special uses and set a public hearing for Monday, November 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Commission Chambers, 320 W. Broadway Street, Mt. Pleasant, MI.
5) Fireworks display on Saturday, December 7, 2019 and authorized Public Safety Director Paul Lauria to represent the City in the State of Michigan application process for a pyrotechnic display.
6) Appointment of Mayor William Joseph to the Study Committee for Recreation Authority.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a Public Hearing and approved the resolution approving the Neighborhood Enterprise Zone Certificate for the property at 410 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan for Michigan Community Capital as presented. (CC Exh 12-2019)
Held a Public Hearing and approved the Resolution approving the Commercial Facility Exemption Certificate at 410 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan for Michigan Community Capital as presented. (CC Exh 13-2019)
Held a Public Hearing and passed Ordinance 1049, an Ordinance to amend the zoning map of Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCE of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant to rezone McGuirk Subdivision, Lots 1-10 from CD-3 to CD-4, with a Residential/Dwelling Use Only Special Requirement.
Held a Public Hearing and passed Ordinance 1050, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCE, Section 154.411.C, Trash Receptacle Requirement of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant to regulate recycling receptacle requirements.
Held a Public Hearing and passed Ordinance 1051, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCE, Section 154.412, Parking, Loading, Driveway, Service, Storage, Drive Through, Trash Receptacle/Dumpster, Equipment, & Other Items Locations & Standards of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant to permit stacked parking where parking areas are accessed only by a rear alley or rear lane and also a limited amount of stacked parking (up to 5 spaces) associated with a House that is used for a non-residential or mixed-use purpose.
Held a Public Hearing and passed Ordinance 1052, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCE, Table 154.405.A, District Standards of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant to modify standards for fences and walls, roofs, and driveways in the CD-3L (Sub-Urban Large Lot) and CD-3 (Sub-Urban) districts.
Approved the program guidelines for the Make It Mt. Pleasant program and authorized the Mayor to sign the agreement with Lake Trust Credit Union with amendment adding language that Economic Initiative Funds would cover the fees for permits that can be waived according to the policy out of that fund.
Authorized the Mayor and City Clerk to sign the time of use contracts with Consumers Energy for the Water Treatment Plant and the facilities at 1775 E. Broomfield Road as presented.
Held a work session discussion on the 2020 Operating Budget.
Adjourned at 10:05 p.m.