Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, November 25, 2019, at 7:01 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
CMU President Robert Davies gave a presentation on the status of Central Michigan University and its relationship with the City of Mt. Pleasant.
City Engineer Stacie Tewari gave a presentation on the Engineering Department.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held November 11, 2019.
2) Resolutions in support of Traffic Control Orders 4-2019, 5-2019, 6-2019 and 7-2019.
3) Bid of Shults Equipment of Ithaca, MI for the purchase and installation of plow truck equipment and lighting for two trucks.
4) Bids for 2020 Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant treatment (bulk) chemicals.
5) Contract with Ferguson Waterworks of Grand Rapids, MI, for 2020 water meter purchase.
6) Resolution in support of recommended Application Fee for Temporary Marihuana events.
7) Resolutions in support of recommended rates, fees and charges.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and approved the Resolution Naming Softball Field #1 at Island Park Kaye Bouck Field.
Approved Resolution in support of recommended rates, fees and charges for Solid Waste – Recycling.
Postponed discussion on fees for Solid Waste – Christmas Tree Disposal.
Authorized the Mayor or City Manager to sign any documents required by EGLE for the grant funds associated with the 410 W. Broadway project.
Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(a) of the Open Meetings Act, to consider a periodic personnel evaluation of a City employee as requested by that employee.
Approved a third leaf pickup this year starting December 3rd.
Conducted a work session discussion on 2020 Operating Budget and affordable housing requests being received by the City.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:42 p.m.