During the holidays trash and recyclable materials can accumulate quickly. Below are tips to insure your trash and recycling are collected.
- All cardboard must be flattened.
- Large boxes must be cut into sections no larger than 2’ x 3’. If the cardboard is too stiff or difficult to cut up, you may drop them off at the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF), 4208 E. River Road, at no charge.
- Styrofoam cannot be collected at curbside. Formed Styrofoam, from a new TV or large appliance, may be dropped off at the MRF. Packing peanuts are not accepted; consider saving them for shipping next year’s presents or use them to protect delicate ornaments and other decorations.
- Plastic packaging, such as cellophane “windows” on toy packaging, should be discarded in your trash.
- Holiday parties are enjoyable, but the extra trash can really pile up. Please do not overfill your trash can. If your trash can has a lid, it must fit securely. All extra trash should be placed in a City refuse bag or tagged with a City refuse tag.
- Need to dispose of old furniture or other large items? Large item stickers are available for purchase for $15 each at City Hall.
- Please place trash and recycling in the designated collection area no later than 7:30 a.m. on collection day.
If you have questions, please contact the Division of Public Works at (989) 779-5401. Thank you for your cooperation, and have a wonderful holiday season.