Mount Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.
Here are five things to watch at the Feb. 27 City Commission meeting…
- Presentation of award to City’s water supervisor: A representative of the American Water Works Association will present Mt. Pleasant Water Supervisor Malcolm Fox with the Raymond J. Faust award. This award recognizes individuals for outstanding personal service in the water supply field.
- Upgraded lighting at crossing guard locations: The City Commission will consider an amendment to the Consumers Energy Standard Lighting contract to upgrade and increase lighting at each of the eight crossing guard locations for improved safety at crosswalks.
- Facility license agreements: The City Commission will consider a resolution to approve a general facility license agreement template for 2017, as well as agreements specific to 2017 Little League and Fast Pitch Softball.
- Hazard mitigation plan: The City Commission will consider adopting the Isabella County Hazard Mitigation Plan as an official plan of the City of Mt. Pleasant. Implementation of the plan’s recommendations assist in the reduction of injuries, loss of life and destruction of property due to natural and technological hazards.
- Bids and quotations: The City Commission will consider approving a number of bids and quotes recommended by City staff for the following purchases and/or services:
- Sewer Relining
- Sand and Gravel
- Crack Sealing
- Spring Trees
- Water Meters
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for Feb. 27, 2017, click here.