Mount Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.
Here are five things to watch at the Feb. 13 City Commission meeting…
- Peacemaking Recognition Day Proclamation: Every year, Mt. Pleasant Public Schools nominates students of all grade levels who promote peace through their words and actions. Mayor Ling will read a proclamation declaring Feb. 27, 2017 as Peacemaking Recognition Day in Mt. Pleasant to affirm that the peacemaking efforts of local youth are valued and contribute to the quality of life in the community.
- MP City Link Presentation: The Communications Department will announce the launch of MP City Link – a free mobile app that empowers citizens to easily report non-emergency issues to City staff, as well as provides on-the-go access to the latest City news and information.
- Tobacco Free Zone Policy Report: City Manager Nancy Ridley will provide the City Commission with a report on the effectiveness of the Tobacco Free Zone Policy in City Parks implemented in 2016.
- Rezoning of 205, 209-219 E Bellows and 1021 S University: Following a public hearing, the City Commission will consider a request to change the land use of three tax parcels. Two are currently zoned C-1 (Local Business) and one P-1 (Vehicular Parking). The request is to rezone all three properties to M-2 (Multiple Family Residential).
- Downtown Vision Plan: The City Commission will consider an amendment to the contract with the City’s zoning ordinance consultant, Town Planning & Urban Design Collaborative (TPUDC), to conduct additional design work for downtown in conjunction with the character-based code project.
To see the full City Commission packet for Feb. 13, 2017, click here.