A joint meeting of the City Commission and the Planning Commission was held Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the City Commission Room.
The Commissioners reviewed the Planning Commission’s 2018 Annual Report and discussed the Planning Commission’s 2019 priorities.
The meeting adjourned at 6:34 p.m.
Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, February 25, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held February 11, 2019.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held February 11, 2019.
3) Contract with Prein & Newhof of Grand Rapids, MI for the design and construction engineering for the 2020 Brown Street Reconstruction Project.
4) Bid of American Athletix of Muskegon, MI for the steel structure of the amphitheater project.
5) Authorize amendment to the airport snow removal contract with Pat McGuirk and authorize a budget amendment for same.
6) Authorize amendment to the contract with R & T Murphy Trucking, LLC for the 2018-2019 snow season and authorize a budget amendment for same.
7) Resolution to Adopt Collins Drive between Mission Street and East Campus Drive as a City street.
8) Approved appointment of Cory Friedrich as the representative of the Planning Commission to the Zoning Board of Appeal for a one-year term as recommended by the Planning Commission.
9) Warrants and Payrolls
Held a public hearing on Special Assessment Roll for Special Assessment District 1-19 and approved Resolution #5 as presented.
Approved the bid of C & R Electric LLC of Shepherd, MI for the 2019 Pedestrian Street Lighting Project.
Directed staff to redesign reconstruction of Maple Street at the existing width of 41 feet.
Postponed action on resolution authorizing an amendment to the Standard Lighting Contract between the City and Consumers Energy for new LED street lighting on Maple Street and budget amendment for the same until completion of redesign of the reconstruction of Maple Street at the existing width of 41 feet.
Approved a budget amendment for the Parks and Public Spaces Department for a nine-month seasonal skilled position for 2019 only, and provide for the evaluation of this staffing for effectiveness in the parks and public spaces operations.
Adjourned at 8:24 p.m.