Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, February 11, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held January 7, 2019.
2) Bid of C&I Building Maintenance, Inc. of Sparta, MI for roof restoration services at DPS plus insulation repair.
3) Purchase of a John Deere Gator from Bader & Sons of St. Louis, MI.
4) Purchase of a Toro Groundsmaster 4000-D Mower from Spartan Distributors of Sparta, MI.
5) Contract with Plas-Tanks Industries of Hamilton, OH for Chemical Storage Tank Rehabilitation project.
6) Authorized an amendment to the copier contract with CMU.
7) Authorized amendment to the engineering contract with Rowe Professional Services for the 1 MG Reservoir Bypass design.
8) Warrants and Payrolls
Held a public hearing and approved the adoption of Resolution Nos. 3 and 4 to proceed with the improvements; accept special assessment roll and set a public hearing for Monday, February 25, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. for final review of the special assessment roll for Special Assessment District 1-19.
Approved a pilot project for storm drain painting in Chipp-A-Waters Park and Island Park.
Appointments to various City Boards and Commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Appointments of City Commissioners to City standing and special committees and to
applicable City Boards and Commissions.
Set a special meeting for Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. for a joint meeting between the City Commission and Planning Commission.
Approved a pilot program for igloo seating at 105 East Broadway from February 12, 2019 to March 15, 2019 using the existing outdoor dining policy, a pro-rated fee of $30 and the staff considerations agreed to by the applicant.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(c) of the Open Meetings Act for strategy and negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement.
Approved labor agreements with employees represented by the Command Officers Association and Patrol Officers Association to expire on December 31, 2021 as recommended and authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign all necessary documents.
Adjourned meeting at 8:38 p.m.