The video of the July 24, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, July 24, 2017, at 7:01 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Received petitions and communications.
2. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held July 10, 2017
- Authorize the Mayor and Clerk to sign a three year contract as approved by the labor attorney with Brown & Brown of Central Michigan for Broker services
- Bid of Carrier and Gable, Inc. of Farmington, MI for flashing school crossing signs as a replacement for the July 10 award to Traffic Safety Corporation and approve the appropriate budget amendment
- Fee/Charges Policy Guidelines as presented
- Payroll and warrants
3. Received recommendation from MMMFLA Ad Hoc Committee and set a work session for Monday, August 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
4. Denied contract with APM for mosquito control.
5. Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the contract with Renaissance Public School Academy for PEAK services as presented.
6. Confirmed the purchase and development agreement for 410 W. Broadway as
recommended by the EDC.
7. Recessed at 7:44 p.m. and went into a work session on City Commission goals for 2018.
8. Adjourned the meeting at 9:42 p.m.