Here are 5 things to watch at the June 11, 2018 City Commission meeting:
- Medical Marihuana Facilities Ordinances: The City Commission will consider adopting the medical marihuana facilities ordinances. These ordinances would “opt in” to the state law allowing medical marihuana facilities to operate within the City subject to certain limitations. Public hearings were held at the Planning Commission meeting on May 3, 2018, and City Commission meeting on May 29, 2018. The City Commission discussed the ordinances at a work session on June 4, 2018. To see the updated versions of the draft ordinances, click here.
- Zoning Ordinance Amendment: A public hearing will be held on an amendment to the zoning ordinance that adds a definition of “façade area” to the Definitions section. In conjunction with this updated definition, the proposed ordinance would also modify the facade glazing standards for the CD-3L and CD-3 character districts so it is consistent with the new definition of “façade area.” The City Commission will consider approving the amendment following the public hearing.
- Painting of High Street Bridge Abutments: In September 2017, a grassroots citizens group requested the City to once again partner and serve as a governmental unit needed to contract for the painting of the High Street bridge abutments and pump house owned by the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). The funds for this project have been raised and the agreement to contract for the painting is in place. To complete the final step, the City Commission will consider approving the MDOT Office of Rail resolution authorizing the Mayor and Clerk to sign the required MDOT Rail Permit and maintenance agreement for the project.
- Joint Water Systems Study Grant Funding: The City Commission will consider approving the resolution to formally accept grant funds awarded to the City and Charter Township of Union from the Competitive Grant Assistance Program (CGAP). The funds will support the City and Township’s Joint Water Systems Study Project.
- Pickens Field Scoreboards: The Mt. Pleasant Little League Organization has requested the installation of two new scoreboards to replace the old scoreboards at the upper ball diamonds at Pickens Field. Isabella Bank has committed to donating the cost to purchase the scoreboards, and Mt. Pleasant Little League will donate the cost of installation. The City Commission will consider approving the installation and authorizing City staff to update the scoreboard agreement with Mt. Pleasant Little League.
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for June 11, 2018, click here.
Mt. Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 7 p.m., and at 6:30 p.m. from May 28-September 3.