Here are five things to watch at the April 9 City Commission meeting:
- Proclamation recognizing the Central Michigan University Women’s Basketball Team: City Mayor Allison Quast-Lents will read a proclamation recognizing the accomplishments of the Central Michigan University Women’s Basketball Team. Team 50 and Coach Guevara finished their season with a 30-5 record and an NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament run that led to the Sweet Sixteen. These achievements brought nationwide recognition to the community and Coach Guevara generated immense community spirit and pride, continuing to foster the valuable partnership between CMU and Mt. Pleasant.
- 2017 Annual Report: The City Commission will receive the 2017 Annual Report. See the report here.
- Residential Alley Paving, Reconstruction and Resurfacing Policy: The City Commission will consider approval of the Residential Alley Paving, Reconstruction and Resurfacing Policy. This policy recommends that reconstruction of all residential alleys be funded 70 percent by property owners and 30 percent from the Capital Improvement millage. The limitation is that $50,000 would be set aside annually and any alleys petitioned for reconstruction would be scheduled on a first come basis. The policy also outlines the evaluation, notification, timing and repayment terms for alleys so that all policy matters related to residential alleys are addressed in one document.
- Capital Improvement Plant: The City Commission will receive the 2019-2023 proposed Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and set a public hearing for May 29, 2018.
- Engineering Analysis for Joint water systems study: The City Commission will consider proposals received for an engineering study that would evaluate the potential costs and opportunities related to sharing water infrastructure between the City and Charter Township of Union compared to upgrading the independent facilities.
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for April 9, 2018, click here.
Mt. Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.