The video of the Nov. 27, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Nov. 27, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Received petitions and communications.
2. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Nov. 13, 2017
- Bids for 2018 Water Treatment Plant treatment (bulk)
- Bid of JBS Contracting, Inc., of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the Island Park West Storage Building Rehabilitation Project
- Authorize the Mayor to sign a two-year contract with EHIM for all PBM services related to the City of Mt. Pleasant’s Section 125 pharmacy plan for both active and retiree enrollees
- 2018 Facilities License Agreements for Mt. Pleasant Little League, Mt. Pleasant Girls’ Fast Pitch Softball and Mt. Pleasant Baseball and authorize staff to sign subsequent agreements if no changes are made
- Warrants and Payroll
3. Held a public hearing on proposed ordinance to amend Title XIII, Chapter 132, Section(s) 132.03, 132.04 and 132.06 of the Mt. Pleasant Code regarding the purchase, consumption, and possession of alcoholic beverages by minors, furnishing, or using fraudulent identification, and license sanctions and Section 132.07 regarding preliminary breath tests. There was no action taken by the Commission at this time.
4. Postponed action on Resolution to amend the Tax Increment Finance Authority (TIFA)
plan for Central Business District.
5. Authorized the Mayor and City Clerk to sign the amended reimbursement agreement for 510-600 W. Pickard as presented.
6. Received recommended amendment to Brownfield Redevelopment Authority Plan for
West Broadway Revitalization site #3 and set a public hearing for Monday, December 11,
2017 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
7. Received 2018 No Fee Brush Pick-up Guidelines/Program and fee structure.
8. Appointments to various City boards and commissions as recommended by the
9. Conducted a Work Session – Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act
10. Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(a) of the Open Meetings Act, to consider a periodic personnel evaluation of a City employee as requested by that employee.
11. Adjourned the meeting at 9:55 p.m.