See the video of the May 29, 2018 City Commission meeting here.
Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Tuesday, May 29, 2018, at 6:30 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Introduced newly hired Paid On Call Firefighter Brad Wahr.
2. Read a proclamation recognizing Special Olympics Michigan week, May 31 – June 2.
3. Presented a Neighborhood Mini Grant to South West Association of Neighbors.
4. Presentation of the 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
5. Received petitions and communications.
6. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held May 8, 2018
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held May 14, 2018
- Bid of Apollo Fire Equipment Company of Romeo, MI for hydraulic rescue tools
- Bid of Garber Contracting of Mt. Pleasant, MI for construction of the Mission Creek restroom facility and a budget amendment. In addition, advance approval for additional funds for the concession/warming area construction by Garber Contracting is approved if grants or donations are received
- Outdoor dining application for Pure Vitality
- Agreement with the USA Softball of Michigan for the Girls’ Fast Pitch State Tournament
- Agreement with FAA for the PAPI light inspection and appropriate budget amendments
- MDOT resolution authorizing a contract for continued operation and maintenance of the airport AWOS system until July 31, 2023
- Warrants and Payrolls
7. Held a public hearing and approved the 2019-2023 Capital Improvement Plan.
8. Held a public hearing on proposed ordinance to add a new Chapter 112, entitled “Medical Marihuana Facilities” to allow certain facilities operated in accordance with state law and to add a new subsection 154.401.B.4.p. and to amend Table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to regulate medical marihuana facilities as special uses. No action was taken by the Commission at this time.
9. Approved budget amendments for a) TIFA round planter removal; b) Additional staff
position in Public Works; and c) LDFA conceptual development design.
10. Conducted a work session discussion on barriers that exist for infill redevelopment and Economic Development action plan draft.
11. Adjourned at 9:20 p.m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.