Below is the summary of minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, November 26, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held November 12, 2018.
2) Minutes of the two closed sessions of the City Commission held November 12, 2018.
3) Authorized a contract with F&K’s Tree Service of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2019 Tree Trimming and Removal.
4) Authorized staff to purchase 2019 supply of LCO2 at market price from USA Airgas of River Grove, IL.
5) Five-year agreement with the Charter Township of Union for fire protection services.
6) Resolutions supporting amended rates, fees and charges.
- Building Permits
- Sign Permits
- Appeals Board Filing
- Zoning and Planning
- DPW Permits
- Downtown Parking
- Water Service
- Water Demand
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Appointed Martineau, Hackett, O’Neil and Klaus of Mt. Pleasant, MI as the prosecutorial firm and Foster Swift Collins & Smith of Lansing, MI as the general counsel firm.
Approved resolution regarding pursuit of an intergovernmental agreement with Nottawa Township.
Approved a two-year contract with MMDC.
Approved the revised request for the creation of a Citizens’ Advisory Board as presented by the Mt. Pleasant Area Diversity Group with the exception of the proposed section describing membership.
Approved the resolution in support of downtown board restructuring. (Option B) Approved the resolution in support of funding and responsibilities restructuring.
Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the MIIBS/MPC Property Agreement.
Approved resolution supporting amended rates, fees and charges for refuse bags and tags.
Approved resolution supporting amended rates, fees and charges for residential curbside recycling pick-up.
Made appointments to various City Boards and Commissions.
Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(a) of the Open Meetings Act.
Conducted a work session discussion on the 2019 Operating Budget.
Adjourned at 11:07 p.m.