See the video of the May 14 City Commission meeting here.
Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, May 14, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Consumers Energy Forrester gave a presentation on their upcoming line clearing program in the city.
2. Mayor Lents read and presented a proclamation recognizing “National Public Works Week–May 21-27, 2018” to City of Mt. Pleasant Public Works Director John Zang.
3. Received petitions and communications.
4. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held April 23, 2018
- Bid of Central Asphalt of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2018 Street Overlay Project
- Received recommendation from the Planning Commission regarding zoning ordinance amendment to Section 154.410 and new ordinance Chapter 112
- Introduced a proposed ordinance to amend Section 154.410.B.4.s.iv of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to correct a scrivener’s error within the special use standards for rooming dwellings and set a public hearing for Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. on same
- Introduced a proposed ordinance to amend Article VII and Table 154.405.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to define “façade area” and to update standards for façade glazing in the CD-3L and CD-3 character districts and set a
public hearing for Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. on same
- Warrants and Payrolls
5. Approved resolution in support of Traffic Control Order #6-2018.
6. Considered whether a public hearing to adjust the 2018 millage rate should be held. No action was taken by the Commission.
7. Endorsed the Public Participation and Engagement Strategy Plan as presented.
8. Approved the agreement and rates and fees as recommended for rental of the “GumBuster” machine and authorized the Downtown Development Director to sign the agreement on behalf of the City.
9. Made appointment to the Parks & Recreation Commission.
10. Held a work session discussion on the 2019-2023 Capital Improvement Plan.
11. Adjourned at 8:16 p.m.