Summary of Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. in the City Commission Room at the Mt. Pleasant City Hall, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant.
The Commission conducted interviews of candidates for City Manager position and adjourned the meeting at 1:50 p.m.
Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, August 23, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held August 9, 2021.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held August 9, 2021.
3) Bid of F & K Tree Services of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2022 and 2023 tree trimming and removal services.
4) Bid of Green Scene Landscaping of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2022 and 2023 grounds mowing.
5) Bid of Shults Equipment of Ithaca, MI for the purchase and installation of plow truck equipment and lighting.
6) Bid of Thomas Scientific of Swedesboro, NJ for replacement of the Fume Hood Replacement at the WRRF.
7) Resolution for final approval for TCO #5-2021.
8) Resolution for final approval for TCO #6-2021.
9) Confirmed appointment of Vice Mayor Amy Perschbacher as the voting delegate, representing the City of Mt. Pleasant at the MML annual member’s meeting and appointed Commissioner Mary Alsager as the alternate.
10) Set a public hearing for September 13, 2021 on the application to transfer the existing IFT from DAYCO to MAC LTT for the remaining three years.
11) Received proposed Ordinance to amend Chapter 51: Sewers, of the Mt. Pleasant City Code of Ordinances and set a public hearing for September 27, 2021 on the IPP and the proposed ordinance amendment.
12) Set a public hearing for September 13, 2021 on the request from TNC Holdings for a Redevelopment Liquor License at 203/205 W. Broadway.
13) Authorized the Mayor and City Clerk to sign the lighting agreement with the Friends of the Dog Park.
14) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a Public Hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1073, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 97: Parks and Recreation, Section 97.99 Penalties of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances to add penalties for violations of the ordinance.
Held a Public Hearing and postponed action on S.A. #1-21 until a review of the zoning is completed.
Held a Public Hearing and approved resolutions #3 and #4 and set a public hearing for September 13, 2021 regarding said roll for S.A. #2-21 regarding PSD.
Supported the reconfirmation of the regular meetings with the Director of Public Safety and the MPADG and the HRC to accomplish the activities as presented.
Second interviews were extended to City Manager candidates Aaron Desentz and John Hanifan.
Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(c) of the Open Meetings Act for strategy and negotiation sessions connected with the negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement.
Approved labor agreements with TPOAM, POLC and COAM.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:34 p.m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.