The video of the Oct. 23, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Oct. 23, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Stephanie Ward of Mead and Hunt gave a presentation on the Michigan Aviation System Plan.
2. Received petitions and communications.
3. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Oct. 9, 2017
- Minutes of closed session of the City Commission held Oct. 9, 2017
- Warrants and Payrolls
4. Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1029, an
ordinance to add new section 150.02 to the Mt. Pleasant City Code to regulate swimming
5. Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1030, an
ordinance to add Chapter 156 to the Mt. Pleasant City Code to provide for and regulate
local historic districts.
6. Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1031, an
ordinance to add Section 32.30 to the Mt. Pleasant City Code to specify the power of the
City Planning Commission.
7. Received a proposed ordinance to amend Title XIII, Chapter 132, Section(s) 132.03, 132.04 and 132.06 of the Mt. Pleasant City Code regarding the purchase, consumption, and possession of alcoholic beverages by minors, furnishing, or using fraudulent identification, and license sanctions and set a public hearing for Nov. 27, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8. Authorized a budget amendment to support a contract with Mt. Pleasant Sash and Door to complete the installation of the Wood Street fence.
9. Conducted a work session on the 2018 Operating Budget.
10. Adjourned the meeting at 9:50 p.m.