The video of the Sept. 25, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Sept. 25, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Mayor Ling read and presented a Proclamation in support of Domestic Violence
Awareness Month, “October, 2017”.
2. Received petitions and communications.
3. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held September 11, 2017
- Contract with Block Electric of Mt. Pleasant, MI to complete the repair to the Island Park north restroom electrical service
- Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the appropriate agreement with Mead and Hunt of Lansing, MI for design, bid letting, and contract administration services for the approach slope clearing and updating the PAPI lighting plans at the Mt. Pleasant Municipal Airport
- Amend the purchase buyback contract with Krapohl Ford of Mt. Pleasant, MI for a 2018 F-150 truck for a police administrative vehicle
- Authorize contracts with Krapohl Ford of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the purchase buyback of nine 2018 Ford F-150 pickup trucks
- Payroll and warrants
3. Held a public hearing and approved the adoption of Resolution No. 5 for approval of
the roll and setting of payment terms for Special Assessment.
4. Received Commissioners’ top rankings for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe two percent allocations.
5.Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign a contract with Bud Percha Painting and the
Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation for the painting of the High Street Bridge
abutments and pump house.
6. Received information on downtown budgets and approved TIFA reserve fund
allocation for downtown Christmas light curtain matching program.
7. Received proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 54: STORM WATER MANAGEMENT,
Sections 54.02, 54.03, 54.04 and 54.09 of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to address parking
lot reconstruction and off-site pass through and set a public hearing for October 9, 2017
at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8. Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(h) of the Open
Meetings Act for material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal
9. Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(d) of the Open
Meetings Act to discuss possible purchase and/or lease of real property.
10. Conducted work sessions on the 2018 Operating Budget and sidewalk snow removal.
11. Adjourned the meeting at 9:18 p.m.