Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, January 23, 2023, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan with virtual options.
Interim Fire Chief Doug Lobsinger introduced Code Enforcement Officer Michael Lopez.
City Manager Desentz provided a review of the 2022 Goals and Objectives.
Item #15b – Hazard Mitigation Plan Adoption Resolution was added to the Consent Calendar; and Item #20 – Consider closed session pursuant to subsection 8(1)(h) of the Open Meetings Act to discuss a written confidential legal opinion with the City Attorney was removed from the Agenda.
Approved the Agenda.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
8) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held January 9, 2023.
9) Resolution in support of final approval of TCO #1-2023.
10) Resolution in support of final approval of TCO #2-2023.
11) Received request to create an OPRA District to include the Mission-Pickard DDA boundary and set a public hearing for February 13, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
12) Received proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 116 Subsection 03(B)(12) of Title XI of the City’s Code of Ordinances entitled “Electric Scooters/Skateboards” and set a public hearing for February 13, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
13) Set a special meeting for discussion on goals and objectives for February 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Public Safety Bldg., 804 E. High St.
14) Set a special meeting for follow-up discussion on goals and objectives for March 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Public Safety Bldg., 804 E. High St.
15) Warrants and Payrolls.
15b) Resolution adopting the Isabella County Hazard Mitigation Plan.
Approved the updated guidelines/criteria for Neighborhood Enhancement Grants as part of the MSHDA and increased the project cap to $11,000; waived the requirement for 25% homeowner match on the projects, and issue refunds to those that paid the 25% match to ensure fair treatment among participants in Round 6.
Made appointments of City administrative officials to boards and commissions.
Made appointments of City Commissioners to boards and commissions.
Made appointments of City Commissioners to City standing and special committees.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(c) of the Open Meetings Act to discuss the strategy and negotiation sessions connected with negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement.
Conducted a Work Session discussion regarding the International Property Management Code.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:40 p.m.