Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, February 13, 2023 at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan with virtual options.
Director Jason Moore introduced Water Distribution Supervisor Andy Keehbauch and Water Distribution Operator Travis McAllister.
Approved the Agenda as amended.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
(6) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held January 23, 2023.
(7) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held January 23, 2023.
(8) Resolution in support of final approval of Temporary Traffic Control Order #3-2023.
(9) Resolution authorizing Deputy Public Works Director Tim Middleton to execute Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) contract documents.
(10) Resolution authorizing City Manager to sign grant agreement with the Michigan Department of Transportation.
(11) Warrants and payrolls.
Held a public hearing and adopted a Resolution To Establish An Obsolete Property Rehabilitation District.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1086, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 116 Subsection 03(B)(12) of Title XI: Business Regulations of the City of Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances entitled “Electric Scooters/Skateboards”.
Appointed Kristin LaLonde to the Parks and Recreation Commission.
Conducted a work session on Neighborhood Enterprise Zone (NEZ).
Approved and conducted a closed session to consult with City Attorney regarding trial or settlement strategy in connection with pending litigation and to discuss the strategy and negotiation sessions connected with negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement.
Approved labor agreement between the City of Mt. Pleasant and POLC.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:39 p.m.