Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 27, 2023, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan with virtual options.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
2) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held March 13, 2023.
3) Purchase of 500 tons of road salt for the 2023-2024 season through the State of Michigan MiDeal Extended Purchasing Program.
4) MDOT Resolution authorizing a five-year contract for continued operation and maintenance of the AWOS system at the Mt. Pleasant Airport.
5) Received proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 110: General Licensing of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances and set a public hearing for Monday, April 10, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
6) Bid of McGuirk Sand and Gravel of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2023 Local Streets Reconstruction Project and budget amendments.
7) Purchase of a 2022 Ford Transit Van from Krapohl Ford of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the City’s Recreation Department.
8) Warrants and payrolls.
Authorized City staff to seek funding opportunities of approximately $10,000 to construct a universally accessible community garden/orchard at Horizon Park and approved resolution to set the rental fee for plots.
Approved submission of City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe two percent allocations with a summary of the Commission’s top priorities.
Held a work session discussion on Central Michigan University Strategic Planning.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:37 p.m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.