Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, November 14, 2022, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan with virtual options.
Mayor Perschbacher recited the Proclamation recognizing the Elimination of Violence Against Women Day on November 25, 2022.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
7) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held October 24, 2022.
8) Contract with Adams & Associates of Grand Rapids, MI for appraisal services.
9) Bid of GreenScene Landscaping of Mt. Pleasant, MI for Downtown Sidewalk Snow Removal 2022-2023.
10) Set a public hearing for Monday, November 28, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. on China Master’s request for a Development District (DDA) License at 1216 South Mission St.
11) Resolution approving the submittal of an application for the 2022 TAP Grant.
12) MDOT resolution authorizing the approval of a contract for the reimbursement of funds for M-20 Reconstruction Project.
13) Appointments to the 9-1-1 Governing Board.
14) Bid of Tokio Marine HCC for 2023 stop loss coverage insurance.
15) Warrants and Payrolls
Held a public hearing on S.A. #3-22 roll and adopted Resolution #5 to approve the roll and set the payment terms.
Held a public hearing on proposed 2023 Annual Operating Budget. There is no action required at this time.
Approved the Resolution to dissolve the LDFA. (CC Exh. 2-22)
Adopted the final amended budget for the LDFA.
Adopted the proposed PILOT policy and authorized staff to solicit proposals for affordable housing projects during the first quarter of 2023.
Approved revised Resolution #5 for S.A. #2-22.
Approved Agreement on Restrictive Covenants associated with City property with Valero contingent on final review of the City Attorney and the City Manager and the change from Texas to Michigan in which the Guaranty shall be governed by.
Held a Work Session Discussion on Parking Enforcement.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:52 p.m.