The video of the Oct. 9, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Oct. 9, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Mayor Ling read and presented a Proclamation recognizing Indigenous Peoples Day as Oct. 9, 2017.
2. Received petitions and communications.
3. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Sept. 25, 2017
- Minutes of closed sessions (2) of the City Commission held Sept. 25, 2017
- Bid of Garber Contracting Inc. of Mt. Pleasant, MI for Island Park Shelter Roof Replacement
- Award contract to Rowe Professional Services of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2017 1MG Reservoir Bypass Project
- Authorize the Mayor to sign a two year contract with The Hartford as our vendor for life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage related to benefits required by collective bargaining agreement and employee benefit plans
- Resolution in support of final approval of Temporary Traffic Control Order 6-2017
- Authorize the Mayor and Clerk to sign the appropriate documents for four F-250 trucks through the purchase-buyback program with Krapohl Ford of Mt. Pleasant, MI
- Approve recommended changes to the out-of-network annual deductible and prescription drug program in the PACT Employee Benefits and Personnel Policies as presented
- Rescind the 1975 policy on Civil Rights and Employment Practices
- Warrants and Payrolls
4. Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1028, an ordinance to amend Sections 54.02, 54.03, 54.04 and 54.09 of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to address parking lot reconstruction and off-site pass through.
5. Received proposed ordinance amendments to the Mt. Pleasant City Code and set public hearing for Monday, October 23, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
a. Add new section 150.02 to regulate swimming pools.
b. Add Chapter 156 to provide for and regulate local historic districts.
c. Add Section 32.30 to specify the power of the City Planning Commission.
6. Received proposed new zoning ordinance and map and set public hearing for Monday, Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
7. Received an amendment to the Tax Increment Finance Authority (TIFA) plan to add fire safety grants as an eligible project and set a public hearing for Monday, Nov. 13, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8. Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act for material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute.
9. Conducted a work session on Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act
10. Adjourned at 9:25 p.m.