Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, November 9, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Central Michigan University (CMU) President Robert Davies gave a presentation on the status of various aspects of activity at Central Michigan University.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held October 26, 2020.
2) Authorized contract with Tokio Marine HCC for health insurance stop loss coverage.
3) Awarded the Industrial Park South Detention Pond expansion project to The Isabella Corporation contingent upon EDA approval.
4) Continuation of the purchase-buyback program with Krapohl Ford for the purchase of 14 trucks.
5) Approved resolution extending the temporary permitting of outdoor business activities to March 14, 2021.
6) Received an ordinance to amend Chapter 150 of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to create a new division entitled “Property Standards” to regulate property conditions, to amend Section 150.99 and to repeal and relocate the regulations in Section 96.09 pertaining to inoperable vehicles and set a public hearing for November 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
7) Received an ordinance to amend Chapter 50 of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to amend the regulation of accumulation of solid waste and associated penalties and set a public hearing for November 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing on proposed 2021 Annual Operating Budget. No action required by the Commission at this time.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1059, an ordinance to rezone 623 S. Fancher from CZ (Civic Zone) to CD-3 (Sub-Urban).
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1060, an ordinance to amend table 154.405.A to update district density in the CD-4 General Urban Character District.
Held a public hearing and approved the resolution to adopt the final version of the 2050 Master Plan as presented.
Failed motion to approve contract with Enterprise Fleet Management for the purchase of four trucks.
Failed motion to approve lowering the Building, Fire & Sanitary Sewer Board of Appeals application fee to $175 to cover costs.
Denied the request to waive the Building, Fire & Sanitary Sewer Board of Appeals application fee.
Tabled action on recommendation from Principal Shopping District Board regarding special assessment billing until 2021 when more information would be available on snow removal options and costs in the Principal Shopping District.
Failed motion to adjourn the meeting and postpone the work session.
Work Session discussion on the proposed 2021 Operating Budget.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:35 p.m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.