The Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market is known for its fresh fruits and vegetables, and this summer, the Saturday Market will also be known for its fresh, new space!
With the support of Real Food Grows, the 2018 Saturday Farmers’ Market is moving to Michigan Street near the Main Street intersection downtown Mt. Pleasant. Open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays beginning June 30, customers will find a tasty selection of locally-grown foods, colorful plants, homemade baked goods and more.
“Mt. Pleasant Parks and Recreation is excited to bring the Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market to a new downtown spot on Saturdays this summer that is both highly visible and easy for shoppers to access,” said Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market Manager Carol Moody. “We look forward to building on the market’s excellence from the last several years and boosting traffic for local businesses, while making Downtown Mt. Pleasant a vibrant community destination.”
Michigan Street will be closed to traffic one block east of Main Street on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Parking is available in the south west parking lot of Michigan and Main streets.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients can use their Michigan Bridge Card at the Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market. The market also accepts debit and credit cards, Double Up Food Bucks, WIC Project FRESH and Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH coupons.
The Thursday Farmers’ Market will begin on June 7 and will remain at Island Park. Thursday Market hours are 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
See the video of the May 14 City Commission meeting here.
Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, May 14, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Consumers Energy Forrester gave a presentation on their upcoming line clearing program in the city.
2. Mayor Lents read and presented a proclamation recognizing “National Public Works Week–May 21-27, 2018” to City of Mt. Pleasant Public Works Director John Zang.
3. Received petitions and communications.
4. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held April 23, 2018
- Bid of Central Asphalt of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2018 Street Overlay Project
- Received recommendation from the Planning Commission regarding zoning ordinance amendment to Section 154.410 and new ordinance Chapter 112
- Introduced a proposed ordinance to amend Section 154.410.B.4.s.iv of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to correct a scrivener’s error within the special use standards for rooming dwellings and set a public hearing for Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. on same
- Introduced a proposed ordinance to amend Article VII and Table 154.405.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to define “façade area” and to update standards for façade glazing in the CD-3L and CD-3 character districts and set a
public hearing for Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. on same
- Warrants and Payrolls
5. Approved resolution in support of Traffic Control Order #6-2018.
6. Considered whether a public hearing to adjust the 2018 millage rate should be held. No action was taken by the Commission.
7. Endorsed the Public Participation and Engagement Strategy Plan as presented.
8. Approved the agreement and rates and fees as recommended for rental of the “GumBuster” machine and authorized the Downtown Development Director to sign the agreement on behalf of the City.
9. Made appointment to the Parks & Recreation Commission.
10. Held a work session discussion on the 2019-2023 Capital Improvement Plan.
11. Adjourned at 8:16 p.m.