Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, September 10, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held August 27, 2018.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held August 27, 2018.
3) Received Industrial Facilities Tax Abatement application for American Mitsuba and set a public hearing for Monday, September 24, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. to hear public comment on same.
4) Received fall 2018 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal 2% funding requests from City Departments.
5) Received proposed 2019 Annual Operating Budget and set a public hearing for Monday, November 12, 2018 on same.
6) Resolution to amend 2018 Operating Budget.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1040, an Ordinance to Repeal Chapter 53, Section 53.01 – Storm Sewer District No. 1 of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances, in its entirety.
Confirmed the purchase and development agreement for 410 W. Broadway as recommended by the Economic Development Corporation.
Approved appointment of Josh Agardy to EDC/BRDA as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Authorized the allocation of $4,450 of sidewalk funds to the proposed right of way improvements on Michigan and Illinois and authorized City staff to work with Sacred Heart representatives to coordinate the work.
Authorized the Mayor to sign the Mt. Pleasant Housing Commission Environmental Review package for the 2019 Energy Performance Contract.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(c) of the Open Meetings Act for strategy and negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement.
Conducted a work session discussion regarding setting the Medical Marihuana Application deadline.
Adjourned at 9:20 p.m.