See the video of the April 9 City Commission meeting here.
Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, April 9, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Mayor Lents read and presented a proclamation recognizing the Central Michigan University Women’s Basketball Team for their accomplishments during the 2017-2018 season.
2. Received petitions and communications.
3. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held March 26, 2018
- Bid of Green Scene Landscaping of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2018 grounds mowing
- Bid of Countyline Power LLC of Hope, MI for the 2018 Pedestrian Lighting Project
- Bid of Insight Pipe Contracting, LLC of Harmony, PA for sewer relinings
- Bid of Archon Construction Co., Inc. of Addison, IL for the 2018 Manhole Rehabilitation Project
- Receive 2019-2023 proposed Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and set a public hearing for Tuesday, May, 29, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. on same
- Revoke the 1976 Special Assessment Practice and Procedure Policy, the 1985 Tobacco Use Policy and the 2010 Revolving Loan Fund Policy
- Warrants and Payrolls.
5. Authorized a contract with Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc. of Grand Rapids, MI for engineering consulting services for joint water systems study and appropriate budget amendment, contingent upon approval by the Charter Township of Union Board of Trustees.
6. Approved the Residential Alley Paving, Reconstruction and Resurfacing Policy as presented. (CC Exh. 3-2018)
7. Approved Resolution No. 5 for Special Assessment District No. 1-18.
8. Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to Section 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act for material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute.
9. Approved changes to the purchasing policy as outlined in Item 3 to expand equipment disposal options to include any auction advertised and available to the general public.
10. Adjourned at 8:39 p.m.