Pictured above: Mayor Kathy Ling with Commissioners Jim Holton (left) and Mike Verleger, whose terms as City Commissioners expire Dec. 31, 2017. Holton has served since 2006 and Verleger since 2015. Thank you for your service to the City of Mt. Pleasant!
The video of the Dec. 11, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Dec. 11, 2017, at 7 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Received petitions and communications.
2. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting and closed session of the City Commission held November 27, 2017
- Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held November 28, 2017
- Contract with Ferguson Waterworks of Grand Rapids, MI, for 2018 water meter purchase
- Bid of Garber Contracting, Inc. of Mt. Pleasant, MI for Island Park East Storage Building Rehabilitation
- Authorize the Mayor and Clerk to sign the agreement to share captured tax value generated by the Campus Commons Development between the Mission/Pickard
DDA Board and the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- Resolution for Final Amended 2017 Operating Budget
- Set first meeting of 2018 for Monday, January 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Commission Room
- Receive an ordinance to amend Title XIII, Chapter 132, Section(s) 132.03, 132.04 and 132.06 of the Mount Pleasant City Code regarding the purchase, consumption, and possession of alcoholic beverages by minors, furnishing or using fraudulent identification, and license sanctions, and to repeal Chapter 132 Section 132.07 regarding preliminary breath tests and set a public hearing for Monday, January 8, 2018 on same
- Warrants and Payroll.
3. Held a public hearing and denied the amendment to Brownfield Redevelopment Authority Plan for West Broadway Revitalization site #3.
4. Adopted resolutions amending fees and charges for water rates, sewer rates, brush pickup and Parks and Recreation.
5. Adopted resolution approving the 2018 Annual Operating Budget and setting millage
6. Appointments to various City Boards and commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
7. Approved bonus to the City Manager.
8. Canceled the December 18, 2017 regularly schedule City Commission meeting.
9. Authorized Finance Director Mary Ann Kornexl to approve the issuance of payrolls and warrants from December 12, 2017 through January 5, 2018.
10. Adjourned at 9:08 p.m.