The video of the Feb. 26 City Commission meeting is available here.
Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday,
February 26, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Director Mrdeza presented Parks & Public Spaces Director Bundy with the Parks Resource Leadership Award.
2. Assistant Fire Chief Dunham gave a presentation on the City’s Neighborhood Resource
3. Received petitions and communications.
4. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held February 12, 2018
- Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held February 13, 2018
- Bid of Spartan Distributors of Sparta, MI for the purchase of a Toro Groundmaster 7200 Mower and appropriate budget amendment
- Bid of Krapohl Ford of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the purchase of a Ford F-350 cab and chassis
- Resolution in support of MDOT Contract 2018-0227 for Replacement of AWOS Ceilometer and budget amendment
- Budget amendments from the assigned fund balance of the PSD Board
- Warrants and Payrolls.
5. Received proposed amendment to Title XV, Chapter 150, §150.02 of the Mount Pleasant City Code regarding private swimming pools and set a public hearing for March 12, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
6. Approved the adoption of Resolution Nos. 1 and 2 to commence the proceedings for
Special Assessment District 1-18.
7. Approved the adoption of the Resolution to approve the Fifth Amendment to the Central Business District Improvements Development Plan and Tax Increment Financing Plan proposed by the City of Mt. Pleasant Tax Increment Financing Authority and to provide for the collection of tax increment revenues as presented. (CC Exh. 2-2018)
Appointed Tim Driessnack to City/CMU Student Liaison Committee.
8. Held a work session to discuss a potential property maintenance/blight ordinance.
9. Adjourned at 9:17 p.m.
Special Meeting – Feb. 27, 2018
A special meeting of the City Commission was held Monday, February 27, 2018, at 9:02
a.m., at Veterans Memorial Library, 301 S. University Ave., Mt. Pleasant. to discuss goal
setting. The meeting adjourned at 3:52 p.m.