See the video of the March 26 City Commission meeting here.
Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 26, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Mayor Lents read and presented a Proclamation recognizing National Barbershop Quartet Day, April 11, 2018. Four members of the local Barbershop Quartet sang.
2. City Assessor Chris Coucke gave a department presentation.
3. Received petitions and communications.
4. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held March 12, 2018
- Bid of Peerless Midwest of Ionia, MI for Well #16 rehabilitation and the appropriate budget amendment
- Bid of Malley Construction of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2018 local streets reconstruction project
- Bid of Bay Landscaping of Essexville, MI for 2018 Spring Tree project
- Recreation Budget amendments for replacement of flood damaged supplies
- Budget amendments from the building reserve accounts to fund security upgrades to City buildings as presented
- Resolution to accept $75,000 from the MDNR for the Island Park Amphitheater Project Recreation Passport Grant and authorize the Mayor and Clerk to sign the project agreement
- Warrants and Payrolls
5. Held a public hearing and postponed the final decision on resolution #5 for approval of the roll and setting of payment terms for the Special Assessment District 1-18.
6. Supported TIFA/PSD Board recommendation to retain the bus shelter at the Main and Broadway Streets location.
7. Prioritized Broadway Street from Maxwell to Bradley for the pedestrian lighting project in 2018 and postponed May, Clayton and Gaylord Streets to a future year.
8. Postponed action on Item 1 to purchasing policy revisions.
9. Approved changes to the purchasing policy as outlined in Item 3 to expand equipment disposal options to include any auction advertised and available to the general public.
10. Approved submission of City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe two percent allocations with a summary of the Commission’s top priorities.
11. Appointments to various City Boards and commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
12. The Commission conducted a work session discussion on 2019 goals.
13. Adjourned at 8:50 p.m.