The video of the Jan. 22, 2018 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Jan. 22, 2018, at 7 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Public Works Director Zang introduced newly hired Street Maintenance Specialist Brendan Carrick.
2. Received petitions and communications.
3. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Jan. 8, 2018
- Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held Jan. 8, 2018
- Authorize contract with C2AE of Lansing, MI for the design services and construction oversight of the chemical tank and delivery systems
- Authorize purchase of 44 replacement bottles for the self-contained breathing apparatus units from Douglas Safety Systems, LLC. of Sanford, MI
- Bid of F & K’s Tree Service of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2018 Tree Trimming and Removal Project
- Bid of Yeo & Yeo Computer Consulting, LLC of Saginaw, MI for the purchase of equipment for wireless access points
- Authorize amendment to contract with Pat McGuirk Excavating, Inc. for the 2017-2018 snow season
- Approve payment to CMU for the shared purchase of hardware equipment for the L3 in-car camera system
- Set special meeting of the City Commission for Monday, Jan. 29, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. for priority setting discussion
- Warrants and Payrolls
4. Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1033, an
Ordinance to amend Title V, Chapter 50, Section(s) 50.12 and 50.99 of the Mt. Pleasant
City Code regarding material collection licenses and penalties.
5. Passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1034, an Ordinance to replace Title
XV: Land Usage, Chapter 154. Zoning Ordinances and Zoning Map, in its entirety.
6. Appointment of City Commissioners to City standing and special committees.
7. Appointment of City Commissioners to City Boards and Commissions.
8. Set date for City Commission Retreat for Goal Setting for Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018 at
9. Adjourned the meeting at 8:28 p.m.