Here are five things to watch at the Dec. 11 City Commission meeting:
1. Brownfield Redevelopment Authority Plan Amendment: A public hearing will be held on the amendment to the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority Plan for the West Broadway Revitalization project. Following the public hearing, the City Commission will consider approving the amendment and the corresponding reimbursement agreement.
Amendment of the current Brownfield Plan is necessary to cover the outstanding bond debt payments from the original project (which was used for the renovation and purchase of City Hall), as well as covering eligible expenses for the proposed development of a 8500 square foot mixed-use building with 90 Class A apartments, podium parking and ground floor retail.
A representative of the development team will attend Monday’s meeting to provide an overview of the plan prior to the public hearing.
2. Mission/Pickard DDA Board and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority Agreement: The City Commission will consider an agreement between the Mission/Pickard DDA Board and the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority to share in the captured taxable value generated by the Campus Commons development at 1706-1722 S. Mission.
3. Brownfield Redevelopment Authority and Central Business District TIFA Agreement: The City Commission will consider an agreement between the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority and Central Business District Tax Increment Finance Authority (TIFA) to share in the captured taxable value generated by the 410 West Broadway redevelopment.
4. Rates, Fees and Charges: The City Commission will consider resolutions supporting amended rates, fees and charges for water demand, sewer demand, on-demand brush pick up, and Parks & Recreation youth programs. If approved, the new rates, fees and charges go into effect in 2018.
5. Operating Budget: The City Commission will consider the resolution approving the final 2018 Operating Budget and will set the millage rate for 2018. Following this item, the City Commission will consider the resolution approving the final amended 2017 Operating Budget.
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for Dec. 11, 2017, click here.
Mt. Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.