The video of the July 10, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, July 10, 2017, at 7 p.m., in the City Commission Room:
1. Department of Public Works Director Zang introduced newly hired Water Treatment
Plant Superintendent Jamie Hockemeyer.
2. City Manager Ridley gave an update on flood activity.
3. A moment of silence was observed for deceased members of Commissioners’ families.
4. Received petitions and communications.
5. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held June 26, 2017
- Bid of Traffic Safety Corp. of Sacramento, CA for the purchase of 14 Solar LED Flashing School Crossing Signs
- Resolution in support of modifying the July Board of Review date
- Resolution extending MDOT contract for continued operation and maintenance of the airport AWOS
- Payrolls and warrants.
6. Held a public hearing on the special assessment roll for Special Assessment #01-17 and
considered approval of resolution #5 for approval of the roll and setting of payment terms for the Principal Shopping District Special Assessment.
7. Motion to approve Resolution #5 for approval of the roll and setting of payment terms for the Principal Shopping District Special Assessment #01-17 failed.
8. Confirmed a contract with Republic Services for disposal of flood damaged items and
approved allocation of funds within the Solid Waste Fund to cover the cost as
9. Conducted a work session on Fee/Charges Policy Guidelines.
10. Postponed work session “Goals Discussion for 2018” to a later date.
11. Adjourned the meeting at 7:59 p.m.