Here are 5 things to watch at the July 10 City Commission meeting:
- Introduction of new Water Superintendent: Jamie Hockemeyer, the new Water Treatment Plant Superintendent, will be introduced to the City Commission.
- 2017 Solar LED Flashing School Crossing Signs bid: The City Commission will consider approving a contract with Traffic Safety Corporation for 14 Solar LED Flashing School Crossing Signs to be installed at the crossing guard locations. Funds for this purchase are made available by the Tribal 2 percent grant.
- Confirmation of emergency curbside pickup contract: The City Commission will be asked to confirm the contract with Republic Services for the July 1 curbside pickup of flood-damaged items.
- July Board of Review date: The City’s July Board of Review was scheduled to be held on July 18, 2017. Two of the three Board of Review members have conflict with the schedule and have requested the date be moved to Thursday, July 20, 2017. The City Commission will consider supporting the request to modify the July Board of Review date.
- Extension of MDOT Contract: The City Commission will consider extending the contract with the Michigan Department of Transportation for continued operation and maintenance of the Automated Weather Observation and Data Dissemination System at the Mt. Pleasant Municipal Airport until July 31, 2018.
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for July 10, 2017, click here.
Mount Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.