Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday,November 12, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved bringing the matter of establishing a Citizen Advisory Board to the next City Commission meeting for discussion.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission and CMU Student Government Association held October 29, 2018.
2) Bids for 2019 Water Treatment Plant treatment (bulk) chemicals.
3) Accepted PSD recommendation to utilize the Parks and Public Spaces Department for the downtown grounds care and flower basket watering;
4) Purchase of an unmarked 2018-19 Chevrolet Tahoe to be used by the Youth Services Officer from Berger Chevrolet of Grand Rapids, MI.
5) Authorized Finance Director Mary Ann Kornexl to sign a contract with Tokio Marine HCC for health insurance stop loss coverage.
6) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing on proposed 2019 Annual Operating Budget. No action required by the Commission at this time.
Postponed action on changes to Section 98.37 of the City Code until after the presentation of the proposed 5-year Capital Improvement Plan in the Spring of 2019 with amendment.
Approved the recommendation from the LOCC to increase the pay for both the City Commissioners and Mayor effective January 1, 2019 as presented.
Agreed to sell the GumBuster machine and place funds from the sale into the PSD fund.
Postponed action on downtown restructuring until the next City Commission meeting on November 26, 2018.
Approved a $5,000 contribution as a local match toward the Phase II Economic Impact Study for the Ann Arbor to Traverse City passenger rail service from the Economic Initiatives Fund.
Approved closed session pursuant to subsection 8(e) of the Open Meetings Act to consult with attorney regarding litigation strategy and settlement negotiations in the case of Western Islands, LLC v. City of Mt Pleasant.
Approved closed session pursuant to subsection 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act to consider material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute.
Agreed to accept advice of counsel regarding settlement negotiations in the case of Western Islands, LLC v. City of Mt. Pleasant.
Postponed work session on 2019 Operating Budget until a future meeting.
Held a work session discussion on establishing a Citizen Advisory Board.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:10 p.m.