Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 28, 2022, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan with virtual options.
Public Safety Director Paul Lauria introduced Krysta Carabelli who is joining the City as our Social Crisis Advocate in partnership with RISE, and thanked all those assisting in the creation of this position.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
5) Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held March 9, 2022.
6) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held March 14, 2022.
7) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held March 14, 2022.
8) Committed to purchase road salt for the 2022-2023 season through the State of Michigan MiDEAL Extended Purchasing Program.
9) MDOT Resolution authorizing the City Manager to approve a contract amendment for the approach slope clearing project at the Mt. Pleasant Airport.
10) Set a public hearing for Monday, April 11, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. to obtain public input on the MEDC Revitalization and Placemaking Grant proposal.
11) Set a public hearing for Monday, April 11, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. to obtain public input on the MEDC Public Gathering Spaces Grant application.
12) Warrants dated March 22, 2022 and Payrolls dated March 18, 2022.
Held a public hearing and approved the Resolution of Approval for the 2022 Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Grant Application.
Approved the budget amendment to cover the addition of a Water Plant Operator for the remainder of 2022.
Denied Broadway Central for the May 2 – October 11, 2022 season and a budget amendment.
Approved the requested street closure for Richli, Inc. to hold an EDM concert on Saturday, September 17, 2022 on Court Street with conditions.
Approved submission of City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe two percent allocations with a summary of the Commission’s top priorities.
Approved the revised purchasing policy to enhance and streamline the purchasing process.
Received proposed amendment to Title XI: BUSINESS REGULATIONS, Chapter 112. Medical Marihuana Facilities of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances to update standards for medical marihuana facilities and set a public hearing for Monday, April 11, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
Received proposed amendment to Title XI: BUSINESS REGULATIONS, Chapter 115.
Recreational Marihuana Establishments of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances to update standards for adult-use marihuana establishments and set a public hearing for Monday, April 11, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
Made appointments to boards and commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Reappointed Corey Friedrich as the representative of the Planning Commission to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Conducted a work session discussion on MML Capital Conference learning.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:24 p.m.