Chief of Police Lauria introduced and swore in Police Officer Mike Williams.
Mt. Pleasant Schools Superintendent Jennifer Verleger gave a presentation regarding the school resource officer program and additional services needed.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
5) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held July 11, 2022.
6) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held July 11, 2022.
7) Awarded contract to Denali Construction of Mt. Pleasant, MI and budget amendment for the Nelson Park shop renovation project.
8) Awarded contract to Denali Construction of Mt. Pleasant, MI for Island Park Restroom addition.
9) Received proposed ordinance amendment to §154.410.B.4 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances regarding registered student organization dwellings and set a public hearing for August 22, 2022.
10) Received proposed ordinance amendment to §154.410.C.2.B and Table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances regarding group “B” special regulated uses and set a public hearing for August 22, 2022.
11) Warrants and Payrolls.
Approved a budget amendment for the purchase, setup and installation of Microsoft Office 365 and Barracuda SPAM and web filtering services.
Condolence letter which has been sent to Sister City Okaya, Japan was read aloud.
Approved and conducted a closed session.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:25 p.m.