Summary of minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, January 7, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Commissioner Joseph was elected Mayor for 2019.
Commissioner Gillis was elected Vice Mayor for 2019.
Set time and day of regular meetings for 2019.
Mayor Joseph read and presented a proclamation in support of Peacemaking Recognition Day, January 21, 2019, to Laura Gourlay of the Mt. Pleasant Public Schools Peacemaking Committee.
Finance Director Kornexl gave a presentation on the small business tax exemption available to those businesses that qualify.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1)Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held December 4, 2018.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held December 4, 2018.
3) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held December 10, 2018.
4) Resolutions #1 and #2 to commence proceedings for special assessment, tentatively determine the necessity, and set a Public Hearing for January 28, 2019, regarding the necessity of Special Assessment District #1-19.
5) Authorized Finance Director Kornexl to approve the issuance of payrolls and warrants from January 4, 2019 to January 14, 2019.
6) Appointments of City Officials to applicable City boards and commissions for 2019.
Approved an amendment to the R & T Murphy Trucking contract for leaf hauling services.
Approved appointments to various City Boards and Commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
City Attorney Homier conducted a training session on the Open Meetings Act (OMA) and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Adjourned at 8:42 p.m.