On November 8, 2022 in addition to the gubernatorial, senate and house races, voters within the City limits will vote on changing the length of terms for City Commissioners, as well as electing two Commissioners.
The proposed Charter Amendment would:
- Increase the term of each City Commission office from 3 to 4 years.
- Require City Commission elections to take place in November on even years, coinciding with presidential and gubernatorial races.
- Change the staggering of City Commission elections to one group of three and one group of four.
The four candidates running for the two City Commission seats are:
For detailed voter registration and ballot information visit www.mi.gov/vote.
Please note precinct locations which went into effect August 2022.
- Precinct 1: Ganiard Elementary School, 101 S. Adams
- Precinct 2: Kinney Elementary School, 720 N. Kinney
- Precinct 3: Pullen Elementary School, 251 S. Brown
- Precinct 4: Fancher Elementary School, 801 S. Kinney
- Precinct 5; Vowles Elementary School, 1560 S. Watson
Permanent Absentee Voters:
Permanent absentee voters have been mailed an application for a ballot. If you wish to vote in this election you must return the application by 5 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2022. A ballot will then be mailed to you. Ballots can be mailed to the City Clerk’s office (320 W. Broadway Street) or placed in the ballot drop box located in the City Hall parking lot.
For those not on the Permanent Absentee Voter list, you can submit a request for an absentee ballot to the City Clerk’s office by mail, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). This must be completed by 5 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2022.
Absentee voting at the Clerk’s Office is available on Saturday, November 5, 2022 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. or Monday, November 7, 2022 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If you are currently not registered to vote, you can register online at https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/ or mail in the registration voter application found online. This must be completed by October 24, 2022.
After October 24, 2022 voter registration will be available at the City Clerk’s office. Please bring a proof of residency and a photo ID. This can be done until 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
Election Day Information
Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Need a ride to and from the polls? I-Ride is offering free rides. Call (989) 772-9441 to schedule.
Visit http://www.mi.gov/vote to confirm where you are registered to vote.
You must be logged in to post a comment.