Due to COVID-19, the Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market has transitioned from a community gathering shopping experience to a transaction based In-and-Out Market. The market will follow recommendations from federal, state and local health officials to assure a safe environment for both shoppers and vendors.
Please note the new guidelines for the 2020 Farmers’ Market:
- A limited number of people will be admitted to the market at one time.
- If you do not want to wait in the admittance line you may reserve a 20-minute shopping time in advance by visiting: www.mt-pleasant.org/farmersmarket; or calling 989-779-5330.
- Attendees must wear a face mask.
- Individuals should maintain 6 ft. social distancing between each other.
- Follow one-way foot traffic patterns. There will be a designated entrance and exit.
- Only one person per household/party should visit the market.
- No pets.
- Shop quickly, with a shopping list.
- Do not touch products. Vendors will select and bag purchases for you.
- Use credit/debit cards, food assistance tokens or exact change. Change will not be given.
- Preordered and prepaid orders are eligible for Curbside Pick-Up. In the future a list of participating vendors can be found at: www.mt-pleasant.org/farmersmarket.
- Public seating areas will not be available.
- Wash all produce before consuming.
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
The 2020 Farmers’ Market is scheduled as follows:
Thursday Market (Island Park): June 4 – October 29; 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Saturday Market (Town Center/Downtown): June 20 – October 10; 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market on Thursday, July 6 will take place in the parking lot at Morey Courts from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The July 6 market was originally canceled due to the flooding that has closed Island Park indefinitely.
“We are incredibly grateful to all of the organizations that offered to help, and to Morey Courts for ultimately hosting us,” said Farmers’ Market Manager Carol Moody. “We feel very fortunate to be part of a community filled with generous people who are more than willing to help one another during difficult times.”
The Farmers’ Market held on Saturdays will continue as scheduled at City Hall.
UPDATE: The Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market on Thursday, July 6 will now take place in the parking lot at Morey Courts from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (This market was originally canceled due to the flooding that closed Island Park indefinitely.)
Due to extensive flood damage, the City of Mt. Pleasant has closed all of Island Park and Nelson Park, as well as portions of several other City parks until further notice. Additionally, the USA Softball State Tournament scheduled for June 29-July 2 in locations throughout Mt. Pleasant has been canceled; and the Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market at Island Park is canceled for both Thursday, June 29 and Thursday, July 6.
The parks partially closed include:
- Chipp-A-Waters Park (bridge and trails)
- Mill Pond Park (trails)
- Mission Creek (various locations)
- Pickens Field (lower fields)
“Although the flood waters are starting to recede, there are still many locations throughout our parks that are unsafe to access,” said Director of Parks and Public Spaces Chris Bundy. “We are asking the community to please abide by these closings so we can focus on recovering and repairing our parks and facilities as quickly as possible.”
Additional information and scheduling changes for upcoming events will be posted as they become available at www.mt-pleasant.org and on the City’s social media pages.
See a video update regarding the City parks at https://vimeo.com/223335251.