Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, January 25, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Video presentation to introduce newly hired employee to the commission and public.
Proclamation recognizing February as “Peacemaking Recognition Month”.
Added a new item to the agenda.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held January 11, 2021.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held January 11, 2021.
3) Authorized the purchase of a Ford Explorer Utility Vehicle from Krapohl Ford for the Fire Department.
4) Awarded contract for work on Section 1 of EIFS at the DPS building to Cusack Masonry Restoration, LLC of Hubbardston, MI.
5) Approved a budget amendment for the renovation of Conference Room E.
6) Authorized the confirmation of the MERS agreement addendum for retirement plans as presented.
7) Set a special meeting for Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. for a joint meeting between the City Commission and the Planning Commission.
8) Warrants dated January 12, 19, and 20, 2021.
Confirmed the sale of up to 3 acres in Industrial Park North to Mitchell Wagoner as recommended by the EDC.
Made appointments of City Commissioners to City standing and special committees.
Made appointments of City Commissioners to applicable City Boards and Commissions.
Approved the appointment of City Manager Nancy Ridley and MMDC CEO Jim McBryde to serve as the representatives on the Airport Joint Operations Board and approved the appointment of DPW Director Jason Moore to serve as the alternate for the City Manager.
Discussion on recent social media post from Vice Mayor Perschbacher.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:53 p.m.